Looking for a new opportunity?
There are currently no vacancies at ArtHouse Jersey, but lots of great opportunities to volunteer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be involved.
Position: Media & Operations Assistant
Working hours 37.5 hours per week
Salary Up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
Dual reports to Head of Communications and Head of Operations
Start date Mid-November 2021
Holidays 25 days plus all statutory holidays
Probation Three months
Deadline 5pm, Wednesday 29 September
ArtHouse Jersey seeks to make a positive impact on our Island community through the arts. Our aim is to support the creation of art that Jersey people want to see, hear and experience. Our Media & Operations Assistant will play a key role for our charity. You will be based at our flagship headquarters, the Greve de Lecq Barracks, where you will manage our office, support delivery of the communications plan and administer our programme of visiting artists, visitors, events and studios where local artists create work and develop their practice.
Day-to-day management of our physical office, virtual workspace and social media platforms;
Act as first-point-of-contact for all enquiries, and problem-solve issues as they arise;
Assist delivery of our annual communications plan including press release drafting, proofing and digital performance analysis;
Provide guidance and administration for art development grants, education bursaries and travelling scholarships;
Support event promotion, sales, surveys and ticketing, as well as coordination of paid stewards and volunteers;
Look after our on-site tenants and provide a warm welcome to visiting artists before and during their stay assisting with any travel logistics, and introducing them to our unique culture by suggesting itineraries and points of interest;
Act as curator of ArtHouse Jersey press coverage and strategic impact assessment records;
Step-up from time-to-time to provide holiday cover, as well as working in tandem with the site manager to achieve shared outcomes;
Manage and deliver certain specified events at the Greve de Lecq Barracks, working closely with the wider team, as well as administrative support to strengthen effective team delivery of a wide-range of arts projects across the Island and internationally.
Our ideal Media & Operations Assistant is someone who is unflappable, enjoys working with people and loves digital media. The successful applicant will be a self-starter with superb attention to detail and a tested ability to balance and prioritise competing demands. If you have the aptitude for managing a diverse workload twinned with a desire to be the lynchpin of a thriving and dynamic arts charity, then this is the job for you.
The Operations element of this role requires a reliable and responsive front-of-house presence across all our channels from on-site at the Greve de Lecq Barracks to website and email. Strong organisational ability and an innovative mind will help you to assist the Head of Operations in driving clear processes and efficient systems to safeguard our people, events and equipment.
A clear and concise communication style is vital for the media aspect of this dual role. Half of your working week will see you assist our Head of Communications in social media strategy and delivery, the management of digital statistics and trends, as well as support in both the sourcing of, and creation of, assets and materials to help promote both specific projects and ArtHouse Jersey organisation at large. You will also support the Head of Communications in the execution of specific strategic campaigns throughout the year, although day to day communications will take priority. Any existing digital design skills are preferable but not vital. A positive attitude and confident/reliable self-management attitude are required for this role.
You will have most, if not all of these qualities and be able to evidence them in your application and interview:
Proven organisational and administrative skills, conscientious, attention to detail;
Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
Work autonomously, self-motivated and able to problem-solve under pressure;
Able to – at agreed times – work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Good knowledge of the Island and a strong network of relevant contacts.
It would be desirable if you can demonstrate experience of the following:
Social media and digital design skills;
Project management and/or customer experience;
An interest in and appreciation of the arts
To discuss further, please contact Head of Communications Carrie Cooper on email@example.com or Head of Operations Ellie Haywood firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com Deadline for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 29 September. Interviews will take place on the week Monday 10 October.
Position: Skipton Big Ideas Exhibition Steward
ArtHouse Jersey is currently seeking a number of art exhibition stewards for their flagship project of the year Skipton Big Ideas which will be held at St Helier Town Church from 13 October to the 4 November 2021.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working in the arts. You will be an invaluable point of contact for the public as they visit this exciting immersive exhibition around the key themes of sustainability, accessibility and identity in St Helier Town Church, helping them to engage with the artworks and fully experience the exhibition and special performances; the Walking Gallery and Sound of Colour. We are looking for energetic, friendly people, ideally with an interest in the arts and possibly some experience working in hospitality, although not essential.
To apply simply send an email of interest along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No interviews will take place. Deadline for applications is Friday 3 September 2021.
See below for more details.
Job Title: Skipton Big Ideas Exhibition Steward
Applicants: Must be aged over 18
Dates: The exhibition runs from 13 October – 4 November, Monday – Saturday 0900-1830 plus 7 nights evening performances 1800-2200. You will be allocated shifts within this time frame.
Salary: £10.00 per hour. Shifts vary in length but can be up to 9 hours maximum with a 30 minute lunch break and 2 x 15 min breaks.
- Assist the exhibition host in ensuring the lights and audio visual equipment is working correctly and seating is set up as required. Ensure the same is closed down appropriately. Set up may vary some days. TBC by the Assistant Producer daily.
- Greeting all visitors to the exhibition and ensuring they all receive a warm welcome and the very best visitor experience.
- In the Host’s absence, check in visitors to their exhibition slots and booking in any walk up visitors (subject to ticket availability)
- Keep the Host updated on numbers of visitors and staff inside the exhibition at any one time.
- Ensuring you are appropriately spaced around the building and available to help assist visitors if needed.
- Be well versed in the content of the exhibition and able to answer questions about the art installations, artists involved and special performances and offsite lectures and workshops.
- Encourage visitors to take part in impact assessment surveys making this a fun and unlaboured process.
- Where the Host is not available, ensure that problems and complaints are handled in a timely and polite manner and reported to the Producer or Assistant Producer.
- Be mindful of the safety of the public, exhibits and church building at all times.
- Ensure that Covid safety is maintained including guideline social distancing at all times. Sanitise surfaces as required and ensure the space is kept clean and tidy.
- Be available for evening performances when required.
- Ensure children and school groups are being monitored by a responsible adult at all times.
- Dress appropriately in the Skipton Big Ideas T shirt. There will be installations both indoors and outdoors, so you will be required to work across the whole site.
- Ensure polite and respectful communications with the Church Verger and Church Wardens at all times.
- Be mindful that the primary purpose of the church is as a place of worship.
- Monitor that the audio visual systems and lighting are working correctly and report any problems to the Producer.
- As instructed by the Host, take appropriate breaks when needed and ensure cover is in place from another steward.
- Ensure those coming to use the church for quiet prayer can access the Lady Chapel once they arrive.
- Represent ArtHouse Jersey in a positive way at all times.
- First aid training would be useful, but not a requirement.